Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Enya

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.
*George Elliot

As you can see Enya has been my favorite artist since I was a young girl. I guess maybe thats why I love her, her music reminds me of the simplicity of a child. Its very innocent.
Getting to know her lyrics reminds me of far away places that my imagination can only discover.
I guess reading books whilst I listened always painted pictures in my mind of the beautiful and far off places I read about, which kept a memory locked with the music. Eyna is a very delicate subject to write about because I hope I do her justice and wish not to give a incorrect description of her. Many people associate her music as being New Age because that is the category she is labeled under at the store, I think she is labeled this because no one knows how to label her. Her music is very intricate. The loveliness I find while listening is not something I would call New Age. I have studied her lyrics and they are what she is. Poetical and romantic.

I left a video of her being interviewed because I love her person. She is very meek and gentle. And I love that she keeps to herself and doesn't let the media play with her life. She simply lives a life that she loves.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I've loved Enya since I was a teenager too and my mom introduced me to her music, I agree with you, I love to listen to her music because it is so soothing and it "stills" me. I'm excited to watch the interview because I've never seen one of hers before! P.S. Enya is perfect work music and I play it constantly :)

Marie said...

That is so funny Amber because my mom was the one to introduce Enya to us kids!! So happy you get to listen while you work! Thanks for the sweet comment Amber!!

Unknown said...

I have never "seen" Enya before and it is wonderful to do so. It was you and Elizabeth who introduced me to her music. I now play her all the time. There is something so calming and "soft joy" about her music. It reminds me of you and that in and of its self could be enough for me.

Marie said...

Holly your comment is so kind and sweet. I have such a homesickness right now and you are part of that. Thanks so much for being such a dear sister to me through all these years. I love you dear Holly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
online counter

Visit My Polyvore