Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

My Not So Flopped Chocolate Mousse

*There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE Linda Grayson, "The Pickwick Papers" 
Yesterday I was trying to come up with a dessert idea to bring over for my dear friend Julie and her husband who just had their first baby boy 2 weeks ago. I got the craving for chocolate mouse and looked inside my fridge and found the necessary items for the recipe.
Once the chocolate was good and melted in its double boiler I got out the cream and found that it had gone bad already Oh no!! So I switched my recipe around and followed another that I had read up on by adding some egg yolks. My chocolate ratio was way off so I added more egg yolks. 
Very doubtful it was not going to thicken I poured my flopped mousse into expresso cups and put them in the fridge while I whipped up something else for my friends. 
After arriving home after my lovely visit of holding such a beautiful baby ( little Andrew had gorgeous blue eyes and such long blond hair and oh he felt so good in my arms) I checked on the mouse and found out that it wasn't such a flop as I had first thought. 
IT WAS TO DIE FOR!!!!
I won't be leaving a recipe below because I can't even remember what I did. I do know that I added 3 ounces of decaf coffee which gave a yummy flavor. 
"Mmm, Mmm, Mm"
This little lad wanted some too!!
Poor baby :(
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend sabbath!
Love
 ~ Marie      

6 comments:

Pam said...

Oh my word! I am not sure what is more scrumpscious
The baby, the Mama, or the chocolate mousse.

It looks wonderful, did Julie try it yet?

I am about to do a little re-vamping of my blog with Elizabeth; I think she is downstairs talking to you on the phone; LOL. We are about to have tea as we work.

Love the material under your cup of mousse. I think I recognize it.

Love you and miss you sweetie.
Mom

Katheryn said...

That looks like one of those late night treats I need after the kids are asleep and I am enjoying reading my Bible or watching House Hunters. :) Your sweet little man looks adorable. Lots of love.

Katheryn and the soon to be 5 girls!

Davene said...

What a delightful surprise for you! God must have known that YOU needed a little extra something sweet that evening! :)

Unknown said...

OH yum, yum, yum!!!

How can you tease us with the pictures and then not give us the recipe!?! :0)

Amber said...

oh my gosh that looks good!!! :D

Lizzy said...

too bad you don't remember the 'recipe'!!! it looks amazingly delicious and something i would love to enjoy right this minute! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
online counter

Visit My Polyvore