Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Yummy Chocolate Cake


I made John Chocolate cake last night for fun! We needed a break from all the craziness going on around here, packing, cleaning etc. I was watching Sandra Lee the other day and I loved how she cut her cake and positioned it on the plate, she just cut it diagonally and placed it like you see I did above! I made a cream chocolate cheese frosting that turned  out wonderful! I invited Elizabeth and Cici over today for tea and cake! It was a beautiful rainy day for a tea party!!!

4 comments:

Davene said...

That does look really nice on the plate. Very nice presentation! (Something I don't pay much attention to when I'm preparing food, but I admire in others...) :)

Unknown said...

Marie, I saw that episode too! Yours turned out every bit as pretty as Sandra's! BTW, that's how they serve the chocolate cake at johnny carino's too.

Marie said...

Thanks Davene and Himilce!
How funny you watched that one also Himilce! John did too without my knowing and he was the one that bought the chocolate cake mix because he wanted to make it also!!!! Ha ha ha ha. I didn't follow her recipe because I had non of the ingredients that she called for. Instead of yogurt I used sower cream and instead of apple sauce I used apple butter. I didn't add any cinnamon or zucchini. I threw in some chocolate chips at the end before I put it in the oven. I was scared it wouldn't come out right but it was perfect, not too moist and not too dry.

Elizabeth said...

Marie that was so GOOD! I loved it :) Its nice to have those yummy recipes and be able to make them look so fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
online counter

Visit My Polyvore