Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Patty's Baby Party 2

Saturday morning turned out to be rainy and VERY stormy. It was cozy driving with Jon and the baby the 2 hours to Patty's house.
When we arrived, sure enough there was a buggy and horse drawn outside Patty's front yard.
When we went inside, we were met with babies and moms and kids! It seemed like Patty had a baby in her arms the whole time :) She was holding babies and busy making sure everyone got introduced and such.
The Mennonite girls made hundreds of cookies, I'm not kidding when I mean Hundreds, they were so delicious.
I had so much fun talking with the mothers that also had a home birth and I got to see their babies and hear their stories.
All the Amish mothers showed up, they were so sweet and eager to talk. I loved talking with them and meeting their children.
The party was supposed to be outdoors but with the rain we were inside. The whole house was full of moms and babies :)
Jon was 1 of 3 other dads there. He sat back and held the baby while I got to talk :) He still had a lot of fun even when surrounded by so many woman talking:)
I think Patty needs to have a baby party every 2 years so we can keep in touch with all the moms and meet all the new add ons!
I wanted to take a picture so bad but I couldn't out of respect to all the Amish mothers.

3 comments:

Amber said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go visit Amish country, I love their way of life. How neat to be able to meet some of those sweet ladies! :)

Elizabeth said...

What a blast Marie! :)

Holly Trujillo said...

How wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
online counter

Visit My Polyvore