Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Devonshire Cream


I have been reading up on Clotted Cream and Devon Cream or Devonshire Cream. I always read about these yummy creams in my English books and have always wanted to try them. I have tried Devonshire Cream on scones and it was very excellent! I made some tonight! Here is the recipe. It is one of the easy recipes though! I didn't feel up to making the harder version since it was so late.........

A DEVONSHIRE CREAM 
2 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then refrigerate. Makes about two cups. The sweetened sour cream may then be served with scones and a big bowl of berries or even assorted jams. 
Here is what I think is a most beautiful picture.....





2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! It was so good Marie! I can't wait to try it myself. Thank you for tea today! I can't wait to return the favor =)

Elizabeth said...

Oh and I loved the little pies! ;) Thanks for bringing them over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
online counter

Visit My Polyvore