Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Catherine The Great


I have to say that I love my Russian tea set! I brought it back two summers ago when I went to Russia to get my two brothers and sister! I loved this china before I went to Russia. My grandmother started collecting it through the years. My family and I would buy her a tea cup here and there for her. I always envied my grandmother's collection. When I visited her she would always serve me tea. I loved it! 
 While my mother and I were in Russia I thought to myself, "It would be so cool to find Catherine the Great Tea Set!" Then I thought "yeah right, it would probably be too expensive." Well, we found the set in a flee market while we were tuouring moscow! It was $214.00. In the US it is double the price! My mother and I bought one each and a tea pot for my grandmother, because she would have killed us if we didn't get her anything for such good prices! I would love to go back to Russia to buy more!!! I use it everyday and it is still very beautiful to the eye!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That has to be the most beautiful tea set I've seen in awhile. My sister-in-law is from Russia...I might have to see about getting myself one like!:-)

Davene said...

Oh, so THAT'S why you went to Russia--to get your siblings! Now I get it! :)

I'm sure that was quite an experience!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
online counter

Visit My Polyvore